Steps to Prepare Ultimate Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Broccoli Cheddar Soup.

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, broccoli cheddar soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.

Broccoli Cheddar Soup is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It's appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is something that I have loved my whole life. They're fine and they look fantastic.

To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook broccoli cheddar soup using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.

The ingredients needed to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup:

  1. {Get 1 of large onion, roughly chopped.
  2. {Take 3 cloves of garlic,minced.
  3. {Make ready 2 of carrots, diced to the size of your liking.
  4. {Make ready 4 tbsp of butter.
  5. {Take 1/4 cup of flour.
  6. {Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
  7. {Get 2 cups of half and half.
  8. {Make ready 3-4 cups of chicken stock*.
  9. {Take 6-7 heads of broccoli crowns.
  10. {Take 3-4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese.
  11. {Make ready of salt.
  12. {Prepare of pepper.
  13. {Make ready 4 oz of cream cheese.

Instructions to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup:

  1. Melt butter in a large, heavy duty saucepan..
  2. Sauté onion and carrot on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Sweating them down. Add minced garlic..
  3. Add flour. Stir flour into veggies. Turn heat down if browning too fast. You want to be able to cook the flour for about 5minutes..
  4. Add half and half..
  5. Add chicken stock. *If you like your soup thin, add all 4 cups. If you like a thicker soup,just add 3 cups..
  6. Add bay leaf..
  7. This is where I add my salt and pepper. I start out with 1tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. You can adjust to your preference..
  8. Bring soup up to a gentle boil, medium-high heat..let simmer for 10 minutes..
  9. At this point, I use my immersion blender. I've got kids that would die if they knew onions were in this. This way, you dont sacrifice flavor over the tastes of picky eaters..
  10. I threw about 1/2 tsp salt in and dumped my broccoli in. My broccoli was mostly florets,but I also left a head, with more stalks...for texture. Completely up to you...
  11. I lightly simmered, for 20 minutes. Or until your broccoli is tender..
  12. Remove bay leaf..
  13. Once you have tender broccoli, remove a couple cups of broccoli to a bowl. I used the immersion blender again, in the soup..
  14. Return the chunks of broccoli to the soup..
  15. Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese..
  16. Stir all that yummy cheese until it melts into the soup. 😆.
  17. Ladle up and enjoy!! I served this in bread bowls. Delicious!.

So that's going to wrap this up with this special food broccoli cheddar soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm sure you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!

LihatTutupKomentar